At Clover Hill Primary School we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in line with the Equality Act 2010. We seek to demonstrate this through all aspects of school life and in particular through our commitment to every child fulfilling their potential. Where pupils experience barriers to their happiness and successes we will work with them to address these in a sensitive and sympathetic way.
We are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and able to participate fully in school life. We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully
- We want to make sure that our school is a safe and secure place for everyone
- We recognise that people have different needs and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them the same.
Equality in Teaching and Learning
Through our work in the classroom we will ensure that pupils understand the importance of respect, understanding and equality. We provide our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society.
- Using resources that reflects the diversity of our country and the world without stereotyping
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice